Discover the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque with loved ones
Abu Dhabi is home to a plethora of resplendent tourist attractions such as Louvre Museum, Ferrari world, the Observation deck at 300 & many more. Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque is one such fascinating place which draws thousands of tourists every year.
The Abu Dhabi mosque is a unique piece of architecture which combines varied architectural styles from different Muslim eras. This was made possible by the great mosque Abu Dhabi architects of Emirates, Britain, Italy. Enigmatic design details from Turkey, Egypt, Morocco & Pakistan were incorporated to showcase the diverse & inspirational foundation of Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque.
The Glorious mosque has a huge capacity of 40,000 people. Its open-door policy ensures that tourists & sybarites can visit this wonderful mosque & relish the marvellous architecture, reflective pools & much more. So, grab a Dubai visa UK & take a Grand mosque Abu Dhabi tour to make memories for life with loved ones.
A Few Facts about Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque:
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque gets its name from the first president of UAE – Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. His tomb is placed in the mosque’s courtyard on the north side.
- The Grand Mosque’s construction began in 1996 and was completed in December 2007 & cost about $545 million.
- The designs of the alluring Mosque were inspired by Moorish, Persian & Mughal mosque architecture. More than 38 construction companies & almost 3000 workers worked on the Sheikh Zayed Abu Dhabi masjid.
Highlights of the great mosque Abu Dhabi:
Here are a few prominent features of the Sheikh Zayed Abu Dhabi mosque which will nudge you to grab a Dubai visa & visit this iconic attraction:-
Accolades of the famous mosque in Abu Dhabi:
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is the third-largest mosque in the world. Its area is 22,412 sqm which is equivalent to four football fields
- It has a whopping 40,000 capacity for people. The mosque also has 3 Guinness World Records for having the:
- Largest handwoven carpet
- Biggest chandelier
- Largest Dome
Meticulous details of the Sheikh Zayed Abu Dhabi mosque:
- Here is a brief description of the Grand Mosque’s intricate details:
- 82 White marble domes
- 1096 Exterior columns
- Seven Swarovski Chandeliers with 24-carat gold plating
- 96 Semi-precious jewel-adorned internal columns
- Other intricate details include:
- Intricate floral patterns
- Jasper & Amethyst embedded columns
- Exquisite pearl details on walls
Even celebrities visited the White mosque Abu Dhabi:
- The following celebrities made sure to include the enrapturing Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque in their Middle East itinerary:
- Gigi Hadid
- Kendall Jenner
- Prince Charles & Duchess of Cornwall
- Selena Gomez
Guided tour of Grand Abu Dhabi Masjid:
- Visitors can avail a one-hour guided Abu Dhabi mosque tour.
- These tours are a great way to get insights into the riveting culture & religion of the UAE.
Tourist attractions near Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque:
- There are a plethora of alluring places near the Grand Mosque such as:
- Jubail Mangrove Park
- Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Qasr Al Watan
- Emirates Palace
- Qasr Al Muwaji
Attires while visiting the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque:
- Women – Women should dress modestly i.e long, loose-fitting trousers of ankle length. A headscarf is also recommended. Visitors can rent an Abaya free of charge & will be told to so if they don’t wear proper clothes.
- Men – Long fitting ankle length trousers & full sleeve shirts
- Other etiquettes – Everyone is required to remove their footwear so tourists are recommended to take a pair of socks along with them.
Grand Mosque Abu Dhabi Timings:
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque’s timings are as follows:
- Daily – The mosque will be open for visitors from 9 AM to 10 PM except for Friday.
- Friday – The timings are 4.30 PM to 10 PM as Friday is Islam’s Holy Day.
Apart from the Abu Dhabi Grand Mosque, travelers & fun lovers can head over to a gamut of beautiful tourist attraction to experience Abu Dhabi in all its glory. While exploring Abu Dhabi, you can enjoy a wide range of mouth-watering culinary delights in upscale restaurants or wonderful cafes. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a Dubai visa UK & discover the beguiling Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque with friends or family.