A Guide to Dubai Creek
Snuggle in the heart of Dubai is a saltwater creek called Dubai Creek. Being one of the best places to visit in Dubai it flags thousands of onlookers daily. Those who have marked their presence here were successful in recognizing both the ancient and modern culture of Dubai. Present day, the Creek is under a massive expansion project which will loop its water to flow through the city and make its way to the Gulf in Jumeirah. The main sites of Dubai Creek’s and all its subordinate attractions are still preserved in their inborn state.
Dubai Creek | Best time to Visit & Tips
The strapping Creek divides the paradigmatic city of Dubai into two halves – Bur Dubai which lies to the southwest portion is a historic hub of the town. Middle-eastern style of architecture embraces the conventional look of this place. Although simple of its appearance, you can witness the charm of Dubai’s ancient cultural integrity. If you head towards the north-east direction from Dubai Creek, you will be able to see Deira Dubai. This region in Dubai is recognized to be highly decent with all modern flavors. A glistening skyline adds-on more spark to the extravagance of this city. It looks more magnificent at night.
Continuing on the history of this Dubai Creek, it played a vital role in establishing pride of Dubai. It meant to trade with both India and Africa. Nowadays, exploring Creek is facilitated either through the means of abra or a water taxi. Both these ways are cost-effective to sail from one part to the other of the Creek.
During night, you could see the illuminating spark. To make your cruising experience more captivating one, try the meal served on board. If you feel that’s enough, then you are probably missing on the paved walkways running alongside the Creek.
Ras al Khor bird Sanctuary is the endpoint of this mighty Dubai Creek which stretches across a land cover of 620 hectares. There are wetlands, pools, mud flats and lagoons to capture and collate in your Dubai Creek diaries.
How to reach?
You will not be able to find any direct connection between Dubai Creek and Airport. To reach Dubai Creek, you should ride a Metro from the airport, which will take you to the Deira City Center. After that, walk towards city Center metro Bus stop A. From here, ride a line 53 bus to drop you at Maktoum Road. It is at a walkable distance from Maktoum Road. Else you can also hire a taxi or Uber Dubai to drop you at Dubai Creek.
Best time to visit Dubai Creek!
Although you can schedule your Dubai Creek visit at any point of time throughout the year, it is good to be here during winters. Winters in Dubai are pleasant and enjoyable, making it the best season for enjoying all water activities. Plan your Dubai Creek trip anywhere in between November to March.
What not to miss on Dubai Creek?
Places to visit near Dubai creek are as cool as the Creek itself. Starting from Al Seef Dubai to museums and traditional soaks, Dubai Creek’s surrounding has got it all. Here are some of the essential places to visit near Creek:
- SOL Sky Bar – Enjoy some handcraft cocktails from the SOL Sky Bar while you stand on the sides of the neighboring swimming pool. With a glass full of cocktails in your hand, gaze at the illumination of the Dubai Skyline from the rooftop of this SOL Sky Bar.
- Museum of illusions Dubai – be ready for a mind-bending optical illusion at Museum of Illusion in Dubai. It is one of the best museums in Dubai. Ames room here will leave you speechless by either shrinking or growing you in size. It all depends on where you stand.
- Al Seef Dubai Creek Carnival – this carnival happens every week wherein you shall be spending quality time at the waterfront market. There’s live music, carnival games, music nights, magic shows and street music to relish the whole night.
- A trip to Souks – are you fond of shopping for some spices for your home or gold or perfumes for your loved ones? Dubai Souks are must to be on your priority list then.
- Enjoy biking at Al Seef Dubai – easily rent a bike from Zabeel House and go for a ride through the sides of Dubai Creek. Make sure that you are aware of the common driving regulations, and you strictly follow it.
Things to do in Dubai Creek
It is filled with the best things to do in Dubai. The calm and serene looking Dubai Creek even today offers a profusion of activities to entertain everyone. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Ride a Cable Car – When you come near to the Creek, you can witness the charm of a cable car suspended from a distance of 30 meters from the ground. Travelling through a cable car gives you one of the finest views of the 14 km stretched Dubai Creek.
- Al Fahidi Fort – if you are interested in history and it keeps you engaged for great and pleasing entertainment, then do not miss on including Al Fahidi Fort in your Dubai Creek itinerary.
- Dubai Dolphinarium – there is an aquarium besides the Creek which is wholly dedicated to bottlenose dolphins called Dubai Dolphinarium. Don’t miss clicking beautiful pictures with the marine animals.
- Go cruising – if the slow rippling sound of Dubai Creek is the one to soothe you at its best, aboard a cruise to sail through its tides. In case you have some more time to spare, go for a ride through a water taxi or a wooden dhow, you will feel the best.
- Simply stroll – if nothing works well for you at all you always have the chance to walk down the lane. Whether you are aware or not, the Dhow Wharfage region of Dubai Creek stands as one of the most enjoyable walking zones for thousands of visitors. Many popular markets in Dubai are present here.
Best tips for visiting Dubai Creek
- Enjoy a dinner cruise, skydiving activity, golf games and souk shopping all at the 14Km long Dubai Creek.
- Don’t miss on fishing, because it is the best sports which entertains locals of this region
- Use the water taxis and abras to transfer yourself from one point to other
- You are allowed to take selfies with dolphins at the Dubai Dolphinarium
Pretty sure that Dubai Creek would have dragged your attention towards it after reading this blog. If it is the case, then do not delay in applying for your Dubai visa, as soon as you get it purchase your itinerary and travel to Dubai with your friends or family.